 General / 14820
Re: A new contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 22:16:35 GMT

Linc Smith <lincolns@cogs.susx.ac.uk> wrote in message
Eugwe,

Mike's comment is a bit short, but Jonathan has a reputation that, well...
sometimes precedes him.  I am not defending Mike's comments (1), but you
should not think that the comment arose without a history.  And proper • tack
is the norm on LUGNET.

see:  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=2682

LINC

1) Mike defends his own comments quite well.

Thank you, Linc.  There are two ways to phrase a statement: politely and
straight up.  From what I have seen, Jonathan Wilson doesn't easily offend,
hence a straight up response is possible and efficient.  Had Jonathan had a
history of not being able to take criticism, then the polite response would
have been the best route to go.  Rather, he had a reputation for not getting
a hint, so subtle has to go out the door.

I still have tact, but do not use it at all times.  Often, it must be set
aside for efficiency and to drive home a message.  Tact doesn't fit will in
the age of the sound bite, I will agree, but it still has its benefits.

Mike

Eugwe Coral <eugwecoral@mindspring.com> wrote in message
WOW! tact seems to be a thing of the past...

ec