 General / 14985
14984  |  14986
Subject:
JMW (Was Re: A new contest)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 03:56:15 GMT

Linc Smith wrote in message ...

Mike's comment is a bit short, but Jonathan has a reputation that, well...
sometimes precedes him.  I am not defending Mike's comments (1), but you
should not think that the comment arose without a history.  And proper tack
is the norm on LUGNET.

see:  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=2682

Wow. That's a very interesting set of links, thanks for posting this. It
seems to have happened in groups I'm not subscribed to.
I read the whole thing. I don't think that I've ever seen such a gross
misrepresentation of character(1). I couldn't find one post in all of the
links (and I looked down most threads in ALL of the links!) that I
considered to be genuinely intentional rudeness, arrogance or disrespect
from Mr Jonathan "Mabie" Wilson(2). He seems to have carried himself with
remarkable composure in the face of the frustration being vented upon
him(3).
It seems fairly evident, then, in light of the way he continued (_not_
intentionally rudely, IMO) to post, that the negative vibes, well, "didn't
sink in". Where I come from, if someone "has a full six-pack but lacks the
plastic thing to hold it all together", we don't accuse them of being
eveything else in a huffy and verbose manner, we just use shorter words and
try to make things clearer. But then, I'm from Australia, where everyone
owns a sheepdog, right?  "Spot! Up 'n around! Get here!" *whistles*

Ps. To his credit (I think) Jonathan has a "thick skin"

It starts with "sk", but it's not skin. Put away your torches and
pitchforks, and get out your megaphones and klaxons.

Cheers,
Paul
Secret Agent 164

(1) Well, not outside politics, anyway.