 General / 14599
14598  |  14600
Subject:
Shell promo sets coming to the U.S.!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 07:55:12 GMT

Today was Chinese New Year and over here they had a parade and a street fair.
One of the booths at the fair was Shell Oil (they also had a float).  It was a
free game for the kids in which they try to buckle seat belts mounted on a
board of painted children.  Buckle them all up a get a toy (there was a timer
also).  Well, the toy was the Shell Lego promo set 2544 small technic cycle.
So I asked one of the Shell representative where I can get the other sets
(2535..2544) in the U.S.  Well, he say that you will be able to buy them at the
Shell gas station in a few months.  He says that the promo in Europe did very
well and Lego and Shell decided to bring it to the U.S. for the first time to
promo Lego and the sucess of Legoland.  He says that there will be bigger sets
(I assumed the 125x series).

I hope this is true and sounds exciting!  They were also giving out a warning
flyer with the 2544 set saying it was not for children under 7 due to small
parts, so I don't know how they will do it in the stores.  The cases the 2544
came in looked like they hold 150-200 sets! and on the side was a check box to
indicate which of the ten set numbers it contains.

Time to check from Shell if this is really true!