 General / 1420
Re: IMPORTANT - RTL Geek Code - Please Respond
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 23:00:51 GMT

Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Tim Courtney wrote:
This is
a page that would be open to the general public that would take a visitor
through a series of questions related to their Lego interests.  Then, it
would spit out a geek code corresponding to what they answered.

Sounds good.  I like it.

I understand that the geek code 'belongs' to
the newsgroup, and not one person, so I am seeking feedback from all.
Please reply with your thoughts and a yeah or nay.  Thanks!

Actually, the RTL geek code most probably "belongs" to the person who
wrote it (actually a bunch of people, contact Derik dschin@mcn.net, he's
in the webring), and even that was based on the original geek code,
written by someone whose name escapes me right now.  I would imagine
that an automated code generator would be fine as long as you
acknowledge the respective authors on the same page.

Thanks.  Derek mailed me today giving permission, so look for it to show up
about the time the members' area does on zacktron.com.

-Tim <><
http://www.zacktron.com - Coming Soon! - I just got the bill for $70 today :(
http://trc.osiriscomm.com