 General / 13999
13998  |  14000
Subject:
Airliner Purchase Advice please!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 06:46:27 GMT

Hi guys!
I'm trying to purchase an Airliner or 2 to add to my fleet of Lego vehicles.
I'm looking for a Twinjet, Airbus A320 style, and a T-Tail twinjet, like the
DC-9...
Now, I need to determine WHICH of the sets are really the best in terms of
features:
By the way, I really prefer the A320 styled one, since I'm going to pull one
of the red engines off my A-Wing set and attempt to make a DC-10 out of it...
the DC-9 would be cool too, as anything is subject to mods.
however, I would like some comments from Lugnet users on the matter...

Please comment on them if you're familiar with them

1818 - A Skyship styled commuter prop-plane with 4 seats...
6368 - Commuter Jetliner (DC-9)...Sort of common and seats 3
1775 - Promotional DC-9 set with Control Tower
6597 Century Skyway DC-9 (From the instructions this one is a winner)
1773 - An Emirate Air A320...Sort of a winner as well..Seats 4.
2352 - Promotional A320 - Lego S@H supposedly carried them in 1999...I
thinkit's identical to the 1773 in most aspects.

By the way, can someone confirm on deny whether the 2352 really uses Stickers
on Twinwalls as side windows?  Also, would the 1775 be built more like the DC-
9 in the Century Skyway set, or the 6368 set?  I remember the 6597 DC-9
features a sealed cargo compartment in the ear of the plane.