 General / 1399
    Re: TLG Marketing —Eric Brok
   (...) Makes perfect sense to me. If the new sets were in before christmas, the old sets wouldn't be sold as much as they (should) do now. In the Netherlands, the larger portion of all toy sales are in december. So in december most of *current year (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

        Re: TLG Marketing —David Zorn
    Eric Brok wrote in message ... :> :>Does this make sense to anyone? It happens every year. New sets :>trickle in from December to January, and it's February before they are :>in all the stores. Wouldn't TLG make more money if on the day after (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

        Re: TLG Marketing —Alan Shutko
   (...) Service Merchandise, 20% off. Very minimal selection (my family is pretty sure they'll be declaring bankruptcy in Jan) but if you like insectoids or can find one of their stores with Adventurers, it's a good deal. (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)