 General / 13950
13949  |  13951
Subject:
Theme Gallery Contest Was:[Re: Unable to see images at www.lego.com)]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 13:32:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> writes: • <snip>
Anyway, now that I see the images of this month's entries, I'm a bit
puzzled.  This month's theme was "3D LEGO models".  I thought that was
supposed to mean "computer generated images", but it seems my entry is
the only computer generated image (well, the background is a real
image, from Thailand).  Just what does "3D LEGO models" mean, anyway?

Fredrik

I got on LUGNET this morning to post a lament about the lack of 3-D model
entries in this month's Theme Gallery contest and I saw your message.  I know a
lot of people from r.t.l. and LUGNET hate the official site, but I visit at
least once a month to vote in the Builder's and Theme Gallery contests.  To me,
this part of Lego's official site really encourages building and shows off what
can be done with the bricks.  I'm sad that nobody except Fredrik entered a 3-D
model (there is a note on the page saying that not enough entries were received
so vote on whichever model you like the best; nonetheless, Fredrik got all 4 of
my votes this month).

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: Theme Gallery Contest Was:[Re: Unable to see images at www.lego.com)]

(...) Yes, I strongly agree with you. With LEGO Direct still not in action, this is probably the only way to actually interact with the LEGO Company, so far. I would really like to see more interaction like this with LEGO. Fredrik (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad)

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: Unable to see images at www.lego.com

(...) Well, now I'm really confused. After I posted this article, I followed the above link from Lugnet (in IE, Windows NT), and suddenly I can see the images after all! I reloaded the page at www.lego.com just before posting the article, but then I (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)