 General / 13948
Re: Unable to see images at www.lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:00:24 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> writes:

Hi, I seem to be unable to see some images at www.lego.com.  At this
site:

    http://www.lego.com/gallery/theme/

I cannot see what the next month's theme is, and if you click on "vote
for best model" down to the left, I'm unable to see any model images
at all, not even the zoomed images.

Well, now I'm really confused.  After I posted this article, I
followed the above link from Lugnet (in IE, Windows NT), and suddenly
I can see the images after all!  I reloaded the page at www.lego.com
just before posting the article, but then I saw no images.  Was this
just a coincident?  *boggle*

Anyway, now that I see the images of this month's entries, I'm a bit
puzzled.  This month's theme was "3D LEGO models".  I thought that was
supposed to mean "computer generated images", but it seems my entry is
the only computer generated image (well, the background is a real
image, from Thailand).  Just what does "3D LEGO models" mean, anyway?

Fredrik

Message has 1 Reply:
  Theme Gallery Contest Was:[Re: Unable to see images at www.lego.com)]

(...) <snip> (...) I got on LUGNET this morning to post a lament about the lack of 3-D model entries in this month's Theme Gallery contest and I saw your message. I know a lot of people from r.t.l. and LUGNET hate the official site, but I visit at (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad)

Message is in Reply To:
  Unable to see images at www.lego.com

Hi, I seem to be unable to see some images at www.lego.com. At this site: (URL) cannot see what the next month's theme is, and if you click on "vote for best model" down to the left, I'm unable to see any model images at all, not even the zoomed (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)