 General / 13830
    MGLM competition and website update —David Thomas Jr.
   I've got a couple of related announcements to make. The first and most important is that I'm holding a new lego building contest. Actually it's a series of contests, the first of which is open for submissions now. Go to (URL) and click on the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: MGLM competition and website update —Gene C. Weissinger
     Very nice! I am lazy and don't want to figure it out for myself - what are the measurements on the "core fighter" ? EC (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: MGLM competition and website update —Patrick Justison
     I would like to see a show of hands for all those who plan on entering the contest this month or in future months. It will be important for David to get an idea of how many people are participating and what kind of models they plan on entering. Also (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

         Re: MGLM competition and website update —Larry Pieniazek
     I'd enter one if there was a train competition... but I'd hate to show the rest of you up. (I'm KIDDING...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: MGLM competition and website update —Eric Brouwer
     Are there any specific guidelines? What scale? (minifig, technic, nano, etc.) Maybe I just need structure in my life, but I need more rules to work with. I want to enter, but I have no idea on what level to start... (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

         Re: MGLM competition and website update —David Thomas Jr.
     Go to the general competition section, there are more rules and guidelines there than you could ask for. The specific section on the competition subject doesn't talk about the rules because the rules will be all inclusive for each competition. -- (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: MGLM competition and website update —Paul Baulch
    David Thomas Jr. wrote in message ... (...) *groan* "what better subject could I choose than the Incom T-65 X-wing Fighter?" Um, how about one of the countless cool things in Western culture that haven't been modelled almost to death already?.... (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: MGLM competition and website update —Colin Gutierrez
   (...) I'd like to second that. At first I was excited to see another contest, but I think there have been enough X-wings built already. How about something original like the Space Battleship Yamato. Hey...that's a good idea. (begin inventory on red (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: MGLM competition and website update —David Thomas Jr.
   I'd like to see all these supposed X-Wing MOCs that you guys are talking about. I know of only a couple of set modifications, and maybe one older, pre-lego-starwars MOC. I would hardly call this a lot of X-wings. The truth is, it's looking like (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: MGLM competition and website update —Colin Gutierrez
   David, Please don't get discouraged. I just think the guidelines are just a little strict. It seems that the entries must be of a Model Team scale. I think that if this is the case, the subject matter should be more general, like "Star Wars Space (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)