 General / 13804
  Re: Brasso again! (Was Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print)

Jeff, (...) Thank you, sir! I will have to seek out some this week! Scott S. (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brasso again! (Was Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print)

(...) Any hardware store should carry it, in the "Polishes" section. My local Hardware City (Local Chain, I think) had some for about $3.50. It comes in a little metal bottle. Jeff (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brasso again! (Was Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print)

(...) Forgot to mention: So far I've cleaned 7 pieces, and it works pretty well. If you look closely, you can see the imprint of the printing, but more rubbing may be able to remove that. Use a soft cloth (an old t-shirt works), and do something (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brasso again! (Was Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print)

(...) naaah.. the textured slopes are _really_ tough. by the time you're completely through, they are no longer textured, but as you said, nice and smooth. i usually save all my brasso-ing for sunday nights while i'm watching fox tv shows. later ~ (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)