 General / 13759
Re: Cowboy hat - not a Town Jr. thing!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 18:50:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Davidson writes:
Oh no, cowboy hats are an ooooold and recently resurrected piece.  I
remember back from the eighties (around '86 probably) when I was kid, I had
an ideabook in which some of the minifigs wore cowboy hats, and the sets
they came with were so old that I hadn't seen any even back then.

Very old. They were used in a western set back in the mid-70s, with the
original armless, faceless minifigs. Indeed, they are some of the oldest known
minifig headpieces that I know of - as old as caps and black pony-tail hair.

- chris

Paul Davidson

Tobias Möller <tobias.moller@telia.com> wrote in message
If you think that the cowboy hats are ugly and that it was better before
without them, well then look here!

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1985/c85eu/c85eu-29.html

It´s a scan from the 1985 catalog, and what is one of the minifigs • wearing?
If you can´t find him, he´s just about to enter the train door.

BTW, it´s a german train! Cool!

--Tobias