 General / 13705
Re: Cowboy hat - not a Town Jr. thing!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 02:35:37 GMT

Frank Buiting wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Rose Regner writes:
The cowboy hat showed up in 1979-80 in the Exxon gas station
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6375-1980/6375-01.html

Even earlier- this set from 1975 got a lot of those hats in it! It's even • from
the minifig-time the arms and legs were fixed to the body...

   That set does indeed have a lot of cowboy hats, but don't let that make
you think the hats were easy to find  - that set is a really tough set to
find.  I am glad they brought back the cowboy hat.

   In Idea Book 250, there are some Cowboy hats and other weird pieces that
were really hard to find by the time that idea book came out.  Apparently
they had a lot of old stock in their model shop.  I wonder if thats still
the case.

The western train (1976) even has a better of the hats:
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=726

Anyway the hat appeared in some town sets also (I have about a dozen of • these
hats and I don't own any western set...)

-Frank

--
   Have fun!
   John