 General / 13172
    Re: Swearing! (was something else) —David Blomberg
   A recent Austin Powers movie contained a word in the title that was very offensive to many English speaking people... but not to the vast majority of Americans. I think Americans find that word and the word "bloody" to be quaint, not vulgar. This (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Swearing! (was something else) —Scott P. Costello
   The funny thing about swearing is that it is all "in the eye of the beholder." What I mean by that is that one word may be completely offensive to one person or group has little or no meaning to another. "Bloody" or "shag" are perfect examples, here (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)