 General / 13171
13170  |  13172
Subject:
French Bread?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:57:16 GMT

Ok, my roomate brought back some of her childhood Lego the other day, and along
with it, some very small pieces of plastic french bread. At first I passed it
off as some non-lego piece (playmobil, etc), but she said they were from old
Fabuland sets! There didn't appear to be a Lego logo on them, but it could be
underneath, since I couldn't really see clearly-- (it's about an inch long,
smoothed all over with 3 decorative grooves on top, and a hollowed out bottom,
which makes it look almost like an inverted canoe.) So today I looked through
the Pause guide, and sure enough, I think I found them:

3667 - Bakery Shoppe (1982)

But my roomate said she's got about 8 or so of these pieces, and I could only
find them in that one set (granted the instructions aren't there for a lot of
Fabuland sets, and I didn't search all of them)... Do these pieces occur
anywhere else? They're GREAT for minifig scale french bread! Does anyone want
to sell me some if they have 'em? (followups to that go to
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Another issue: Of course I'm not sure at the moment, but I seem to remember the
pieces being beige/light tan/bread-colored... could be they're yellowed and
were originally white or maybe faded yellow... is this another example of a
different color that TLC's put out in the past? Does anyone know what color
these look like when new? Or for that matter any other info about these cool
pieces?

DaveE