 General / 12969
Re: Swearing! (was something else)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 02:03:37 GMT

Ryan Dennett wrote in message ...

figure out what an acronym really means. PITA is not as bad IMHO as WTF(I • think
we've seen more than enough of that one lately) and SOB(which I can't say • I've
seen), but I think that it is more the principle of using acronyms than the
actual acronyms themselves.

For what it's worth, over in rec.roller-coaster, we've been seeing a lot of
SoB (^:

(For the unenlightned, Paramount Kings Island is building the world's
largest wooden coaster, and it's got a vertical loop about halfway through
the circuit. It's name? Yup, "Son of Beast" (^: )

    Iain
--
tokama       http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr
ICQ UIN      5362826