 General / 12873
12872  |  12874
Subject:
Remy's Big-Ass Lego Christmas! (was Re: Big Lego Christmas)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 07:20:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Remy Evard writes:
Christmas this year was pretty amazing, Lego-wise.  I had to share this
with someone, and no one else around here would quite appreciate it...
so, why not LUGNET?

Whew! Monty Haul! You've got some understanding relatives! My mother hasn't
bought me a Lego set since 1970 (but to give her credit it was my first set).

But my wife.. ah.. sweet bliss[1]! She bought me 5 new sets! That's where my
wife and my mother AIN'T the same person for all those who insist that we end
up marrying someone just like one of our parents.

The 39 1555 Santas are the most amazing thing.  She apparently found them
at a garage sale this summer, from some teacher who was retiring and
liquidating an inventory of stuff that she gave to students.  So I now have
39 of them, sealed.  I'm not sure quite what to do with them, but I'm
thinking I'll keep at least 30 sealed for when my son is a few years older,
then we'll open them all and use them as christmas ornaments on the tree.

LOL Now that's a great idea! Actually if you stand it, keep all 39 of them,
cuz your tree size may vary from year to year.

The DK books are surprisingly good.  One of my relatives found them
somewhere obscure, although I see that they're also at S@H.

My cousin got me the "ultimate" one for Christmas. I'll never look at Mr.
Spock the same way again..

So, the strategy of making a "i wont buy it" list worked really well.  The
only problem with this is that if I want to do it next year, I have to make
a list of things I won't buy that other folks can find, which means
swearing off a bunch of the Year 2000 Lego sets for another 12 months.  Hm.

Ouch. My advice: check into a monastery and wait it out.

-Tom McD.
when replying, for those tough-to-reach places, try new Liquid Spamcake!

The San Francisco Bay Area Users Group
http://www.baylug.org

[1] No blisses were harmed during the writing and posting of this message[2]
[2] This is not an intentional reference to Steve Bliss[3]
[3] However, this allusion is.