 General / 12762
  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

I don't know about with these two methods. What I used wasa soft gum eraser and rubbing alcohol. Get the eraser fragments embedded in some cotton, and you will be able to remove the decal without scratching. It took a LONG time to remove it, but (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

Hi Nick, Thanks for the additional info. I haven't used nevr dull on a textured slope, just the smooth transparent pieces and a smooth black piece from the police headquarters. I just tried it on a stars wars x-wing smoked canopy and it came out (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) Is there any reason why you attacked the canopy? That's one piece where I like the printing... (...) Agreed, but I prefer printing to stickers (and I especially prefer printing to STAMPs) for control panels and the like. Stickers would have (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) I agree with you about the stickers-vs-printing thing, but stickers for the quarter-hulls would have been terrible. Kids would have been very frustrated, because there'd have to be a number of individual stickers for each part. Not that I like (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)