 General / 12356
Re: Another part variation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:08:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
obPartTrivia: Anyone notice that there are[1] two different versions of the
"Palm Tree Trunk Segment"?  One is 40LDU[2] tall, the other is 44LDU tall.
The difference is in the male connector on the bottom of the part.  The
shorter version appears to be the same as the taller, just 4LDU-worth of
connector has been removed.

The current version is the shorter.  It's used in set #8247, Road Rebel.
[SNIP]

Many moons ago on RTL, someone from Europe (I can't remember who
it was.) pointed out that the "horn" piece in Technic models is NOT
the same as the palm-tree segment, the difference being the Technic
version had inner tabs that would lock a cross-axle in place.  I
remember not believing it at the time and checking only to find that
it was true.

I haven't checked lately.  Are there *3* different versions of
this part now?

as evah,

John C.