 General / 12337
  Re: Another new group idea

(...) How about "lugnet.heresy.mutilation"? (Hmm -- maybe lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands could be moved to fit that hierarchy as well....) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another new group idea

(...) Hey Matthew, THANKS, I was going to post almost the same name.... lugnet.heresey.burn-...-hell.com, heh-heh. I shouldn't talk, I also do some slight mutilations. Mostly to the 1x4x3 windows. When I don't use the shutters on them, (90% of the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another new group idea

(...) shutters (...) Do I understand correctly that you'd rather destroy your Lego than acknowledge the usefulness, benefit, or worth of other brands? Boy, you Purists are zany! 8^) Dave! (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another new group idea

(...) I can easily modify, saw, glue, drill, etc. some Lego bricks. For example to make homebrew sensors for the RCX. But I could never even touch one of those "I can't even mention them" clones :-) Mario Web page: (URL) member page: (URL) member of (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another new group idea

(...) Oooo, good idea. Especially since clone brands are *off*-topic, they're more like, well, anti-topic. ;) Steve (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Another new group idea

(...) I counterpropose "lugnet.sacrilege" as an applicable newsgroup name. ;) Then again, I consider even applying the TLG/TLC approved stickers to be "sacrilege," so that may devalue my two cents in some eyes. On the other hand, some of the mods (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  I can do what I want

Heresy, sacrilege, get off it! I know some of you guys are joking, but come on! We paid for it, we can do what we want with it. It's not our fault TLG is more imaginative in their piece creations. While I do try to limit my usage of the Dremel, if I (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Another new group idea

I have come up with another new group idea: lugnet.modification for anything to do with modifying lego, painting it, using an xacto knofe to it etc. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I can do what I want

(...) There's a more serious point behind all the joking. If I wanted a free-form medium, I would use modeling clay or basic electronic components + a soldering iron. Part of what makes Lego fun and interesting is working within the rules of the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I can do what I want

Point taken! A very concise and courteous response. Thank you, Matthew. BTW, I abhor having to cut my bricks, and so far, have only done it twice. And only one of the cut pieces ended up being used. The other is just rattling around 'till I make up (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)