 General / 12260
12259  |  12261
Subject:
making your own LEGO parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 01:06:18 GMT

A while ago I was watching the Discovery channel and saw a program in which
some scientists somewhere were building plastic models using a computer.  From
what I understood, there's a big vat of molten plastic which cools and hardens
as it rises out of the heated tub.  A laser then trims the cooling plastic to
the desired shape and dimension.  I was wondering if this process could be
used to build your own LEGO parts?  It would be like having a printer attached
to your computer that builds objects instead of just displaying them.
Mike