 General / 12120
Re: Set #7940?! - THE ANSWER
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:56:03 GMT

It's a Laramie set.  I know this because I happen to have most of a house set by
Laramie, set # 7910-0.

FYI, the set is VERY good quality.  Nice plastic, snaps to Lego perfectly.  I wish I
could complete the set.

Mr L F Braun wrote:

Bryan Wong wrote:

I highly doubt that this set really existed.  According to the title, it's a
NASA Space shuttle made by Lego:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=217203078

I mean, I *know* this set doesn't exist.

I'm not sure she's really up on her LEGO, although assigning it a "set number"
is suspect.  Check out this Castle fig auction by the same person:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=217208819

The operative quote is "I'm not sure if these are put together correctly".  It
implies that she usually sells other things (from looking at her other auctions
and myriad feedback).  However (and I think some of our long-time AFOLers should
take note), I think there are two genuine **pitchforks** in that last lot...if
she knew Lego Castle well, she'd make those a lot all by themselves.

best,

Lindsay

PS:  Should I have crossposted this to lugnet.castle?  Hmmm...

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/