 General / 12061
  Set #7940?!

I highly doubt that this set really existed. According to the title, it's a NASA Space shuttle made by Lego: (URL) mean, I *know* this set doesn't exist. Bryan (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set #7940?!

Looks like some mega-blok ripoff or something, I have seen this set before somewhere. Definitely not LEGO (Not you, Bryan, auctioneers)! I wish people would know what the differences of building systems! >:( Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set #7940?!

(...) Nope, its a MOC. The lights & Sound are a give away...look at the rear and it looks just like a Launch Command rocket...with lights and sound :) Seems like a scam to me! James Powell (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set #7940?!

(...) Yes, I thought it might be a competitors set. It doesn't look like LEGO minifigs at all! And the guy said no box or instructions, so it is a really bad scam anyhow! Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn CAD Operator Affiliated Engineers, Inc. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set #7940?!

Hmmm... Is that the Construx Space Shuttle ? It looks vaguely like the one I saw on a store shelf last week. Ray (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set #7940?!

(...) I'm pretty sure that it's not MegaBloks; the minifig looks like TYCO to me. (...) Well, he was engaging in a little artistic license, I think, referring to the dreaded nuclear "button" of the 80's and thereby alluding to the differing role of (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set #7940?!

(...) I'm not sure she's really up on her LEGO, although assigning it a "set number" is suspect. Check out this Castle fig auction by the same person: (URL) operative quote is "I'm not sure if these are put together correctly". It implies that she (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set #7940?! - THE ANSWER

It's a Laramie set. I know this because I happen to have most of a house set by Laramie, set # 7910-0. FYI, the set is VERY good quality. Nice plastic, snaps to Lego perfectly. I wish I could complete the set. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)