 General / 12060
12059  |  12061
Subject:
Suzanne Rich v The Thread That Would Not Die!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 18:49:46 GMT

Hey Y'all:

Suzanne despite all the warmth and good fun feeling of her lego website has
been coming off as less than warm and good fun feeling here on lugnet of late
(I was even bold enough to say that she was "frosty").  Well, I wondered why --
it seemed very much at odds with her terrific websites and her apparent
reputation here and on RTL (what I could glean of her reputation from reading
old posts through powersearch).  Anyway to make a long story short and to
perhaps support her in her stated positions in the recent series of small
controversies (not that she needs my support), the following is available:

http://www.lugnet.com/announce/?n=277

This appeared before I arrived on Lugnet and I only had some inkling of it
before looking it up today on lugnet itself (just type in the name in question
where it says "search").  Probably old news for many of you, but a
total "AHA!" for a relative Lugnet newbie like myself.  It cleared up a lot of
questions for me.  I guess its a wonder she posts here at all from time to
time.  The goodbye at the end of the post mentioned above seems very final
indeed.

I guess I came online this morning expecting her somewhat mysterious behavior
to be made clear as she stated earlier in:

http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=3604

But then I could also see why she wouldn't bother with it, she is probably
tired of having to explain her or Todd's "official" Lugnet position on
things.  If people want to continue the threads about what is and isn't okay
to post as regards scans maybe they could do it somewhere else (but thats just
my saying so and doesn't mean anything).  I was never obsessed one way or the
other, it will all come out in time anyway -- mere days at this point.  If it
sounded like I was against Todd or Suzanne, it was actually just being in
favor of LEGO itself making things clearer or in support of Huw Millington,
whose motives where obvious to me -- fan gets catalogue, fan says "Woohooo!"

I guess my question is: Why aren't we cutting the founders of Lugnet some
slack here?  Don't we have anything better to do than nitpick and find the
small flaws in another's argument?

And if we have to take up Suzanne's time with anything, perhaps it could be
something REALLY important like:  Where did you get the white 2x2 round tiles
that look like the reels on a reel to reel tape machine as seen at Legopolis
Customer Support?  Inquiring minds want to know -- like me!

One last point: ask Brad Justus what is and isn't okay as regards scans and
LEGO's rights to publicity of its products.  While he wasn't around, I guess
asking about aimlessly was okay as we had nothing to go on.  At the moment,
and with just a little patience, you'll find out LEGO's official stance on the
subject -- the question has been asked more than once I think.  If when the
answer arrives you disagree with it, bother him about it!

Not trying usurp anyone's authority here (I have none), just trying to figure
it out for myself...

...and I am sorry if I caused you any grief at all, Suzanne.

-- Richard (Die, threads, die!)