 General / 11768
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:29:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tom Stangl writes:
HeyHEY!  Don't get RID of the pink, just don't expect it to be THE reason a
"girl" set sells.

I LIKE pink for accent, as do many others.  As Gary and I have noted, having
pastels in ALL colors would make for a killer Miami layout.

I did not mean to imply that TLC should get rid of pink.  All I meant was that
pink or any other color should not be the primary marketing influence for a
product.  I think pink is great but it should not be a requirement for a set to
me marketed to girls.  I would agree that pink would turn off many boys but
that does not mean that TLC could not make a residential or "Main Street"
sub-theme in town that could have pink accents and be marketed to girls and/or
boys.

I really believe that if town were unjuniorized it would be a perfect theme for
girls.  I think that boys would eventually move to more action oriented themes
but girls would keep buying the town line along with all us AFOL's.

Just don't dumb things down for girls.

Eric

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/