 General / 11448
    Buying to Sell to Buy —Richard Schuit
   Let me ask this......How many ppl buys sets to sell them to buy other sets? And am I some kind of wierdo for just buying stuff outright that I want instead of including half a dozen middlemen? (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Buying to Sell to Buy —Tom Stangl
     Lots of people buy to sell. I do it all the time, I HAVE to in order to keep as much Lego as I do. Then again, I also sell at cost a lot too - I like getting the Lego to the TRUE enthusiasts, rather than the average Joe that just walks by a box and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Buying to Sell to Buy —Will Hess
     (...) sets? (...) I've just done this with an Airport Shuttle (that I got at an incredible price) and would do so again if I ever get another deal like that for something I'm ambiguous about (or just plain don't like). My budget doesn't have room (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Buying to Sell to Buy —Tom Stangl
     Lego? NON-essential? Say it ain't so! (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Buying to Sell to Buy —Lindsay Frederick Braun
      (...) It ain't so. I can afford *some*, but never *enough.* I jump on sales and sell either right away or a little bit later--but like you (Tom) I often sell at cost or close to it, as with the Wal-Mart finds I came across earlier this fall. It's a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Buying to Sell to Buy —Adrian Drake
     (...) I've done it with a significant quantity of polybag sets that I was able to get at a good discount. I knew that I could at least get retail for these, so I bought a bunch of them and am selling them on Ebay. The profits from these sales will (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Buying to Sell to Buy —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) I buy stuff that I figure I *might* want or at worst my son would like, but with half an eye towards a later sale. If I can make the hobby pay for itself (at least in part), I'm willing to do it. Bruce (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Buying to Sell to Buy —Daniel Darby