 General / 11280
Re: 2000 Technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 03:41:17 GMT

Where do I find pictures of the 8457 and 8448?  I don't see them in the
three pages of 2000 sets on Huw's page. I'm looking for better wheels for
robotics projects and this sounds intriguing.
LUGNET makes the LEGO experience so much more addicting.  Are you sure LEGO
didn't invent Todd?

Ian Sinclair <sinclair@cadvision.com> wrote in message
Okay Ian, Have a close look on 8457 and 8458 again and then repeat this
question.

You're right. I should take a closer look at both these.

8457: I don't think we have ever seen Technic wheels as large as the ones • in
8457. There is a V4 motor right next to those large wheels and you see that
the wheels are much larger than the transparent pieces. In 8448 the wheels
are smaller compared to the motor I think.

Agreed.  The 8457 does appear to have very large wheels.  Have these
wheels ever been used in the past? or are they new?  If so, can anyone
tell if these are bigger than everything from the past?

8458: It is very difficult to make out the size as you can't count the
studs, anyway, there are at least TWELVE silver design elements in large in
there and I think four of the smaller ones, please correct me if I am • wrong.
Let's draw the conclusion: 8448 had only four large red Design elements and
four small ones. Take 8448 and 8458 next to each other and you'll see that
they should be nearly the same lenght. In my opinion 8458 IS huge.

Okay, this set isn't what I thought.  At first glance I thought it was
a special silver edition of the current Indy car 8445.  This is
obviously not the case.  I'm happy you pointed that out.  I'm sure
I'll buy at least one 8458.

Well, Huw, if possible give us higher scans of those two Technic sets
please.

Yes, could we please have some large scans of 8558 and 8457.

<ICS>