 General / 11281
11280  |  11282
Subject:
About this 2000 dealers catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 03:50:17 GMT

1.does it accually say do not distribute?
2.does it contain anything that is private to TLG and its retailers?
(the bit that has been scanned in, anyway)
3.various people have said that the dealers catalog is sometimes put in
full view by some toy store owners. therefore we are just doing that. If
TLG got pissed off with people posting the dealers catalog pictures then
wait untill they do something about it.From what I know about TLG they
would not shut down a site because of this, unless the dealers catalog
has a non disclosure aggrement or something attatched.

If I contacted TLG's wholesale division in europe or something and said
I was the owner of a small toyshop and wanted to start carrying lego,
can you please send me the current dealers catalog so I can see what is
currently available, would they send it to me? probobly, if they
believed that I was a toy store owner. Toy store owners do not have to
sign anything to get a dealers catalog, do they? There is nothing in
those scans that is not shown in a non us full retail catalog, is there?
Just because we have not found a non us retail catalog does not mean
that TLG does not want us to know about the mickey mouse sets and stuff,
does it? If they did not want us to know abouit the 2000 line yet, then
they would not have put those 2000 catalogs in those snowspeeders, would
they... I believe that there is a provision on the copyright act that
allows for duplication of part of a publication for educational
purposes, isn't there. well huw was just teaching us about the cool new
sets coming out next year. If TLG did not want people to know what an
8458 silver champion looks like, then there would be a blank space
insetead of a picture of one...

However, there could be one point... the dealers catalog has pictures of
the race and adventurers sets, for example whereas the in box catalog
posted to brickshelf.com does not, it has a page saying coming soon...

I assume that we wont be seeing a reference to 5987 dino research
station or 4166 mickeys car garage on the pause database any time soon,
then?

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com