 General / 11248
  Re: Set ID help needed

The baseplate should have some white dots on it for placement of the first parts, it's a green one, I don't remember size off hand, Though you can see the scan of my instructions up on Brickshelf. I believe it shows the baseplate with the dots. I (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set ID help needed

Mookie wrote in message <384AF362.7A91F4C8@w...tt.net>... (...) Hmm, don't remember any baseplates with dots. (...) The fact that I have none of the printing (is it stickers or printed bricks or a combination?) makes it difficult to "complete" the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set ID help needed

(...) Some of the early to mid 1970's sets did have the dots on the baseplates. Here is an example (from Brickshelf) of Fire Station set 555, with the dots on the green baseplate. (URL) Istok (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set ID help needed

(...) Should have been more clear in saying that I don't recall a plate with dots on it from the lot of LEGO which I'm dealing with here (which incidentally does seem to have a 555 in it). (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)