 General / 10977
Re: MY FOTW (!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:56:04 GMT

Scott-A wrote:

MY FOTW (!)
I actually found this on Saturday on the way up town with my daughter. I
kept quiet about it so far as it is so difficult to describe. I borrowed
a camera last night, and have just posted some pictures.

Before you feast your eyes. I'd like to know the answer to these
questions:
1. How old is it?
2. Is it one set, or an amalgamation of sets?
3. Would it have come with more documentation than I have?
4. Is the text Danish?

OK. Here it is:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Bridge/8522/fotwpage.htm

Before you ask:
I found it in a charity shop (the closed box was in the window) in the
shadow of Edinburgh Castle. To see edinburgh castle, go to:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Bridge/8522/edin.jpg

Before you ask (II)
I gave a donation of UKP50 (~$80) to get it. I thought that was pretty
fair.

The pictures are taking forever to download, so all I've seen so far is
the picture of the box. My guess is that Gary Istok is going to wet his
pants :-). I also wouldn't be surprised if he suggests you donate more
to the charity. I could see the wood box all by itself being worth what
you paid...

Ok, now I've seen the pictures. It's a real shame the inventory sheet on
the inside of the box is torn. That and the fact that you may not have
all the pieces seem to be the only detriments.

A quick peek on eBay suggests that the cars would easily go for $10
each.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com