 General / 10807
10806  |  10808
Subject:
FOTW then...FOTY!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 02:51:32 GMT

We made a quick trip (Virginia Beach) home for Thanksgiving and I decided to
spend a few hours yesterday prowling the used toy stores and thrift stores
to see what I could see (and perhaps buy :-).

The FOTW (actually month considering how often I buy Lego) came at very
first stop...a 1688 bucket that was 99% complete in excellent condition for
$1.95.  For those who don't know of this bucket it's basically a Paradisa
bucket for really young girls (just out of Duplo).  Highlights include 10
(although mine had only 9) pink 2x4x2 fences, 4 rounded corner 4x4 bricks, a
pale green baseplate, 6 of the large freestyle windows in both shades of
pink and two matching doors.

The next several stops were duds (as expected, but you gotta try!) and I was
on the way home when I spied a new (to me) Salvation Army store.  I almost
didn't turn around, but I'm very glad I did.

The first thing I saw was the usual collection of old board games and
puzzles, but there was this really big box on top of one of the stacks that
had that familiar Lego logo.  I pulled it down and saw that it was a Century
Skyway (set 6597) for $8.95.  SOLD!!!!!

A bit further down the same stack was another, bigger Lego box.  What can
this be I wondered as I moved the other junk off of it.  Just an Airport
Shuttle (6399) for the same price of $8.95!!!  SOLD AGAIN!!!!!

The best part is that these are both 99% complete with no rare parts
missing.  Also, the 6399 had a few extra goodies included as well...one of
those simulated roll-up doors for firetrucks and several instruction
booklets for other sets (which would have caused a heart attack had they
been in the box as well...6396, 6274, 6381, and 7722).

For those who are interested I would part with all the instructions listed
above as well as the Airport Shuttle.  If you're interested send an e-mail
and make an offer.

Later,
Will

P.S. - For anyone that's interested a used toy store has a Yellow Castle in
what appears to be excellent condition (the decals do show their age though)
for $75.00.  I'd be more than happy to have it put on lay away (it'll cost
you 20% down) and pick it up when I'm home at Christmas