 General / 10784
    Re: LEGO in Toy Story 2? —Larry Pieniazek
   Every one of those toy brands no doubt paid for product placement (after all, potatohead and etchasketch sales went way up.). Paying for placement is a typical move. No doubt TLG wouldn't pay... that hubris thing again. (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO in Toy Story 2? —Lindsay Frederick Braun
    (...) Well, maybe the designers didn't make them LEGO or with underside tubes because they knew that genuine LEGO just isn't that easy to knock over and break? :) best, Lindsay (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO in Toy Story 2? —Larry Pieniazek
   When I wrote that, I hadn't seen the movie, but I have now, and I agree with Mr. Braun... no way would one tail swipe have wrecked a LEGO house. I'm worried that I am an Al if I'm not careful (although I can't see stealing from a garage sale...). (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)