 General / 10570
Re: Shell sets... more non marled slopes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 04:00:11 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Whee, just finished building a set of 5 of the Shell promo sets...
thanks Niko! I noticed something about the slopes in the set, though
The ferrari racecar uses a 2x3 low slope without marling (1) that has
the ferrari prancing horse logo printed on it.
The ferrari road car uses a sticker for the hood, but it goes onto a 4x3
hood slope brick. This slope is also non marled. The sticker no doubt
sticks better than it would to a marled slope. I wonder if a trend is
developing here...

Lego USED to print on marled slopes.

- the rough texture seen on all slopes prior to 1999...

It's not an *entirely* new development for 1999--1997's Outback Racer (6550)
has a yellow non-marled 3x4 low-slope hood/glacis plate (It could be
armored, really!), with hub gaps.  However, I've never seen one in 2x3.  I
thought the smoothie was weird when I got it, but figured that had to do
with it being an entirely new formulation of the 3x4 low-slope to accomodate
wheels.

best,

Lindsay

---