 General / 10564
10563  |  10565
Subject:
Shell sets... more non marled slopes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 03:36:10 GMT

Whee, just finished building a set of 5 of the Shell promo sets...
thanks Niko! I noticed something about the slopes in the set, though

The ferrari racecar uses a 2x3 low slope without marling (1) that has
the ferrari prancing horse logo printed on it.

The ferrari road car uses a sticker for the hood, but it goes onto a 4x3
hood slope brick. This slope is also non marled. The sticker no doubt
sticks better than it would to a marled slope. I wonder if a trend is
developing here...

Lego USED to print on marled slopes.

- the rough texture seen on all slopes prior to 1999...