 General / 10511
10510  |  10512
Subject:
Long Live Service Packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 17:01:33 GMT

The rumors of the service packs demise have been greatly exaggerated;-)
Or so I have been told by a S@H rep yesterday.  She said that other reps
have heard these rumors (from customers) and that they have even
received a memo about it, but it is not true.

Her:  "It would be stupid to discontinue service packs.  Where are you
going to get the bricks?  They are the... the...."
Me:  "Bread and butter?"
Her:  "Yes!  The bread and butter of building."
Me:  "Well, it wouldn't be the first time LEGO has done something
stupid...."
Her:  "Where did you here this anyway?"
Me:  "On the internet."
Her:  "Oh, well you can't trust anything on the internet.  I can assure
you that they aren't being discontinued."
Me:  "I hope you are right, but I'm still ordering my 28 5145s
anyway..."

And so on, usw, etc.

It seems that people have been given assurances from both sides; it will
be interesting to see how it all pans out.

-John