 General / 10506
Re: Global Explorer Website Finally Finished - Space Theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 09:39:24 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Troy Cefaratti writes:
At the beginning of this year I build a large-scale planetary exploration
vehicle called "Global Explorer".  After much procrastination, the website
for this project is finally up.

Great model. Must have taken quite a bit of effort.
Liked the hangers and launch rails.

I am nearly finished on a large minifig scale space vehicle too.
It looks like you encountered some similar problems to me
1. steering and suspension. When the vehicle gets large and heavy, its hard to
have any working suspension and steering.
2. never have enough of the the right coloured bricks. I wanted to build my
model in all grey and black. I have just about managed it, but at one point I
started making the trailer in red as I did not think I would be able to finish
it in grey, but then I found a couple of cheap castles and had more grey
bricks. It looks like you made a conscious decision to go for multiple colours
and avoid this problem. I doubt real vehicles would be so colourful, but hey,
this is lego!

You can see the front part of my vehicle at
http://homepages.tesco.net/~lawrence.wilkes/legoc.htm
I am just about finished on an even larger trailer that I will post this week

good luck and happy building

regards
lawrence