 General / 10134
Re: Orange bricks in Artic 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:33:51 GMT

Ben Gatrelle <ben@yellowcastle.spam.com> wrote in message
news:FL042B.HLA@lugnet.com...
I was glad to see that TLG has introducted orange in a theme/system other • than
Star Wars.  I was disappointed when the Halloween buckets were not
reintroduced this year. I only picked up three (maybe 4) buckets last • year.
Of course these buckets contained only slopes and bricks.  No special • pieces
or plates.  The Mos Espa pod race set had a wealth of special orange • pieces,
but no sets outside the Star Wars line had orange until these Artic 2000 • sets.
Right?

Maybe we'll see more of this color in other themes as well.

Yellow has been my favorite brick color for building (mostly castles) and
black for ships. Tan has taken its place as #2 now that I am doing more
layouts.

What is the consensus on colors: more is better, or stick to traditional
colors?

I like the approach that that LEGO has usually stuck to, perhaps right up
until this year: to use the traditional 6 or so colours whenever possible,
and supplement when necessary.  (i.e. don't add new colours unless
necessary)  Part of it is just an extension of the anti-BURP mentality for
me, and part of it is the fun when you find a cool piece in a rare colour.

Paul Davidson, aka Tinman
   http://theForce.net
      "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful
      than you can possibly imagine."