 General / 10021
Re: My Analysis of the 2000 Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:59:42 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

Well, lets start at the begining!

*Star Wars* (see my other reviews in .starwars)
7191 - Looks cool, but expensive.  why does it have a 1x4/2x2 hinge brick at
the front?  Tons of plates and other good pieces!  Yay!

Matt, who works in our office, says that the front of the X-Wing (the
'sensor array') opens up, and that he saw a part in one of the films
where R2-D2 is out there fixing stuff. I assume that even if the second
bit's mis-remembered that the front will open up, perhaps with cool
stuff in it.

I hope this isn't *much* more than $100 or 60 ukp, or too limited,
because I want all those plates. The 16+ age label could be a really
astute move by TLG- 'buy this big X-wing to display' then watch as the
new AFOLs go crazy and buy up the entire SW range (guilty, m'lud- even
the MF, which is a good enough job.)

Are there *20* black 8x4 wings in the Tie Interceptor or am I counting
wrong? (2 on the 'bottom' and 3 in the middle of each of the four wings?)

[x-post and f-up to .starwars]

:: paul
:: http://www.songtwo.demon.co.uk/lego/