 General / *755 (-20)
  Re: Snow Globes

(...) Well, on a TV program in the UK they showed you how to make your own and they put an Explorien man inside. (See message on RTL entitled "Poor Explorien man" Carbon 60 (26 years ago, 22-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Snow Globes

It's getting to be that time of year again, I think, where some folks will want to do snow globes with their minifigs. So, the following: I was in Big Lots last week, and found a display of snow globe kits for 3.99 each. They had a variety of sets; (...) (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: More 1999 Ninja Ponderings

(...) The use of the 3xxx and 4xxx series numbers for next year's Castle Ninja release has resulted from the fact that the 60xx series is near exhausted. LEGO will be moving to a six-digit set number within the next couple of years. Grahame Reid (26 years ago, 22-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Carlsbad Legofest

After the wonderfully successful Legofest in San Francisco in October, a few of us were thinking about doing a similar event in Carlsbad for the 20-21 March 1999 weekend. This is the opening weekend for Legoland California. To do the planning, we (...) (26 years ago, 22-Nov-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: For Immediate Release

Either TLG will sue you for this or they will steel the idea. Quite cute. ;-) Robert M. Dye wrote in message <364BC070.3D11@writeme.com>... :Hey, LEGO fans...you asked for it...now you get it! : :You wanted a greater selection of colors - green, (...) (26 years ago, 22-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  More 1999 Ninja Ponderings

(...) I haven't actually seen the white ninja in a set, though. :/ I realize I forgot to mention one other thing I've been wondering about - is Ninja now its own theme? The new sets are in the 35xx number range, and Ninja has its own page on the (...) (26 years ago, 21-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Ninja Ponderings

Jonas Marcho wrote in message ... (...) Ninja soccer teams, maybe? Or did Unnecessary Roughness beat me to that joke? Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (26 years ago, 21-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Ninja Ponderings

The white ninjas featured on AGONN are probobly the fourth faction. (26 years ago, 21-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Ninja Ponderings

(...) Ooooo! Naginata!! Chu-ko-nu!! ;) (My warriors are tired of just having Katanas and mis-firing muskets. Where are all the Daikyu?) Jeff (26 years ago, 21-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  For Immediate Release

Hey, LEGO fans...you asked for it...now you get it! You wanted a greater selection of colors - green, silver, gold, purple, orange, pink! Now you can have them! You wanted greater contol over the piece assortment in your sets - more tiles, more (...) (26 years ago, 13-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  1999 Ninja Ponderings

Well, I was taking a look at the scans of the new ninja sets from the minicatalog, and I came to a couple of conclusions. 1) they're pretty cool, and 2) it looks like the red ninjas are a third faction (based on their dragon flags/door hangings, (...) (26 years ago, 21-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Box Scans?

I have a few box scans that are included with the instructions, xxxx-b1,-b2 etc. People just haven't uploaded many. I think the problem is finding a big enough flatbed scanner. Try scanning 6991 sometime :) My brother works at a company that (...) (26 years ago, 21-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO Dreams (was: Re: I think I'm getting too involved...

Go to the store ahead of time and practice. (...) (26 years ago, 20-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Guitars

The microphone is a sawed-off aquazone silver harpoon. I also tried putting a black 1x1 round plate on the end, although now that I think about it, using the rounded base of a control-stick might work better. -gyug (...) (26 years ago, 20-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Trailerage

(...) Last night, I build a nativity scene. My wife thought it was sooo cute. When she said that I immediately realized that getting Lego Bricks would be a lot easier now. When building, I used a different technique. Normally I just start and add on (...) (26 years ago, 20-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Dreams (was: Re: I think I'm getting too involved...

Hmmm ... interesting thoughts ... I would probably take two carts to begin with, however, only fill one and bring it back to the starting line, then grab another cart, and fill both carts this time, and bring both back ... hopefully within 5 mins. (...) (26 years ago, 20-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: lego package disguise was Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) have disguised lego packages under the tree. One year I put enough bricks in every package so that they all appeared to be legos. One year I removed the legos from the box and replaced them with a treasure hunt note. Once I wrapped the puzzle (...) (26 years ago, 20-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Holiday Specials?

(...) Not the whole thing, no. I've considered doing one before, but was concerned about the size the images would be in order to be readable. (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Dreams (was: Re: I think I'm getting too involved...

(...) I had a dream a few nights ago. I won a 5-minute shopping spree at Target. The catch was that I had 5 minutes from the "starting line" at the front of the store, and I could only keep what I got back over the line in those five minutes. So do (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: lego package disguise was Re: Trains around the Christmas Tree

(...) These are all sick sick sick, I love it. (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact