 General / *2745 (-10)
  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

(...) I'm not a collector, but I buy older sets because of the fantastic models they have, especially compared to much of the current line. Re-release of older sets is not as big on our lists as new sets with the same quality as the '80s line-up. I (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation

(...) NOTE, however, that if TLG sold more parts packs, or sold in bulk, our total dollar purchases *DIRECTLY TO TLG, rather than third parties* would increase an enormous amount. AFOL purchases would become a larger percentage of total sales. I'd (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Fw: TLG investigation 1st answers

Fellow LEGO Maniacs, I've agreed with everyone's comments, but I think we should go a little easier on Jeroen. As he's said, he will ignore most, if not all of the non-Technic related feedback. Maybe we're giving Jeroen more influence than he really (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

(...) a (...) Actually, that's a good point, I am not just an AFOL, I am very much an ADVOCATE of LEGO, so ignoring the fact that I spend $1000's on LEGO for myself, I also... 1. Buy it for my sons, they have Primo, Duplo and Toolo and now some (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

Dave, I agree with you completely. Wonderful post. Mark (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

Kaere Jeroen, So I start another novel. I am not at all surprised by the number of responses to your initial inquiry. Its a bit like opening Pandora's box. Many (adults) in the online community feel that TLG pretty much ignores them, rightly or (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

Hi Duane, Someone once said: It is a wise man that knows when the gorilla of life has eaten all of his bananas, It is a fool who expects to be left the peels. Such is life in the late 90's WRT nintendo. Mark (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

Hi Jeroen- I'm a parent. My main focus in purchasing Legos has been to purchase sets for my son. His sets span Town, Adventurers, Wild West, UFOs. He saves his allowance (for up to half a year) to purchase sets on his own, or he receives them for (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

(...) I think that would be great! I really hope that this semi-official discussion can lead to something more official - even just an official statement that AFOL's _exist_ would be light years ahead of anything to-date. (...) We understand that, (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation

John Battcock wrote in message ... (...) Consumer Reports says that a Pathfinder costs $77,000 piece by piece. It also quotes Henry Ford as saying he'd give cars away free if he could have a monopoly on replacement parts. Jesse ___...___ Jesse The (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact