 General / 2742
Re: TLG investigation 1st answers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 20:47:48 GMT

James Brown writes:
2)AFOL's are parents. (& aunts & uncles & neighbors & ...)  For every AFOL,
there are several kids that the AFOL influences either for or against Lego as • a
toy.

Actually, that's a good point, I am not just an AFOL, I am very much an
ADVOCATE of LEGO, so ignoring the fact that I spend $1000's on LEGO for
myself, I also...

1. Buy it for my sons, they have Primo, Duplo and Toolo and now some Lego.
2. I buy it for my nieces and nephews (I have 6) and neighbour's and friends
kid's every Christmas or every Birthday (although I do buy Playmobil in some
cases, because Town Jr sucks).
3. I have a substantial LEGO related site that appeals to kids and adults and
makes them want to buy more.
4. I even buy it for co-workers Birthdays or office present swaps.
5. I tell everyone that, yes, Lego do sell trains!

So go ahead, ignore the free marketing!

Matt