 General / *2060 (-10)
  Re: Hi, and the meaning of life...

(...) which (...) Well said Jim. You make a strong point. If TLG did not continue to make new pieces and themes it would have lost sales a long time ago. The Lego we knew is just what you said... nostalgia. With the addition of new pieces we can (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Mad magazine & LEGO

I discovered a reference to LEGO in the Feb. 1999 issue of Mad magazine: In the "Slam's End catalogue of pro wrestling merchandise," there is an "advertisement" for LEGO tables and chairs that are less damaging than real chairs[1]: (URL) and that (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/11/99 - 1/17/99

They are in the back of the Spring 1998 S@H catalog. (...) look (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Hi, and the meaning of life...

Hello all! I'm somewhat new to the group(s), and I must say, lugnet is most excellent! I tried to follow RTL many years ago but just couldn't manage. I have to commend all of you on the high level of both quality and tone in these groups! Anyway, (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Argh! I waited too long

... I feel your pain ... a couple of weeks ago, I tried to get a 8425, but not no avail ... What would really be nice, is a listing of tentative release dates, and tentative 'retirement' dates for sets ... of course officially from Lego. So one (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) That'll teach them to mess with the mob. "Mr. Bricks doesn't like it when a guy walks outta the room when he's talkin'. You ain't gonna be walkin' nowhere no more!" Regards, BOB!! (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: German Sales Levels

Eric Brok wrote in message ... (...) <snipped reference that says Steve is paraphrasing someone else....> That's funny. I was born in Germany, and have definitely inherited the follow instructions gene. But since I married an Irish-Canadian, and had (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Argh! I waited too long

Drat. I just called S@H, and the Diving Expedition Explorer, #6560, is no longer available. Double-drat. In somewhat better news, the nice S@H operator said there is some hope that they will be getting more Giant Model Sets, #8277, so I ordered 4. (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bug in pause..?

(...) Well, it doesn't handle it at all well if you have your hands shifted over one letter. It returned no matches for: hs;scu rc[;ptrt Not that I expected it would, or think it should. Regards, BOB!! (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bug in pause..?

(...) Actually, it did find it along with 18 other things; it just didn't find one thing like the first example. I must be fair about this, though it did include Saucer Scout in one of the possible answers. -Tom McD. (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact