 Gaming / Starship / 877
876  |  878
Subject:
A new ship registration --> second to last of the "old school"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:26:38 GMT

Real quick aside for Richard and Hendo, I have a neat picture up for the Sword’s Breath of that ship in space for use for the website.

Well, as the adventurers in the Cruan’atan sector draw ever closer to the end of the adventure, my time for getting the next adventure ready grows short. I have started personally referring to the material and ships for the first adventure as “old school.” With the final completion of the Altanah Nedenah, the first ship I had ever planned to build for Starship more than a year ago, I now have only one ship left to be revealed which I cannot speak of at this time for the sake of the adventurers. So, it all turns out that the science and exploration ship, which has gone through 8 different designs, 11 complete rebuilds, and then 7 reconstructions on the final chosen design, goes from being my first ship to being my second to last ship of the ‘old school.’

I will be taking some time off from building for a month, mostly for web page design, and then I will start work on the next generation of ships for a new era in the Cruan’atan sector.

Why all the hoopla? Because I have been promising this darn thing here in my posts on Lugnet and elsewhere for nearly a year. So, here it is, my ugly little explorer and science ship:

Ship Name: Altanah Ne’denah (Forest’s Bounty)

Organisation with which the ship is associated: Cratha Imperium

Ship’s Home Sector: Cruan’atan Sector

Ship’s Class: Explorer class

Ship’s Role: Science and Exploration vessel

Crew Species: Cratha commanders, Human scientists

Normal Crew Size: 8

Number and Nature of any Sub-Vessels: 3 shuttles --> Bendarii Bee (1 person shuttle, 2 lasers), Shuttle Pod (2 person, space only no weapons), Nightrunner Shuttle (1 person shuttle, 2 lasers),

Ship’s Captain: Tro’shahn Bo’thiin, cratha,rank: Nagal (captain) -- Aaron Zahn, human,rank: Lead Scientist, -- Delsahna Contar, cratha,rank: Sub-Nagal

Ship’s Webpage: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=127469

Player: Avery

Player Email: avery_christy@yahoo.com

Backstory: Despite political debate over the Cratha role in the galactic community and the nature of the Imperium’s exploratory division, the Imperium has successfully completed its first flagship for science and exploration. The Altanah Ne’denah, or Forest’s Bounty in basic, was designed and crafted by a commissioned staff of human experts from various sectors. Also, the primary science crew is also drawn from hired human scientists from across the galaxy led by the noted explorer Aaron Zahn. The ship is commanded by Cratha military officers with Troshahn Bo’thiin as the ship’s Nagal, and sub-nagal Delsahna Contar as the ship’s second in command. The hopes of the Empress and many Cratha for a peaceful future for the Cratha people amongst the vast stars of the galaxy lies with the crew of this ship.

Systems Qualities:

Propulsion (High, Medium, Low, or None): Medium

Sensors (High, Medium, Low, or None): High

Armour (High, Medium, Low, or None): Low (less obstruction for the various sensor equipment.)

Weapons (High, Medium, Low, or None): Low (7 point defense laser turrets)