 Gaming / Starship / 395
Re: More new ships in the pipeline
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:33:36 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Richard Parsons wrote:
Hi guys,

Almost all our registrations so far are for warships, exploration vessels,
traders and the odd maintenance tender.

Yeah, I've noticed that, too.  Is it just the nature of the beast?  Or are we
doing like TLC did; it seems that Lego towns are almost entirely made up of fire
stations and police stations, with the odd rescue center or two.  All action and
no supporting businesses, etc.

Richard's post has given me some ideas, but I'm not sure which one to act on
first.  Hmmm...

In the meantime, I may need to request a special dispensation or something on
the Systems Treaty of Spraw.  I have 5 high propulsion and 7 medium propulsion
vessels.  When I make these tenders mediums, I will be out of interesting
systems slots for propulsion.

Yeah, I remember when the systems limits were discussed, and this exact topic
came up.  The 5-10 system was voted for the most so that no one player could
blockade a sector with super-high-quality ships...or do something similar.  I
think we should revise the system so that you can register as many as you want,
and they only count against the slots if you actually *deploy* them.  It might
make a little more work for the GM (who, I might add, has done a magnificent job
so far).  Hmm.  Any other thoughts?

Andrew