 Gaming / Starship / 250
Re: Rules Talk: New Pacific and JumpGate Inhibitors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 06:16:07 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, John P. Henderson wrote:
In lugnet.gaming.starship, Andrew Engstrom wrote:

The Medium limitation is 20, right?  That's what it said on Richard's ship
registration page... Well, we could require that one Medium Propulsion slot is
taken for every ONE ship the Ferry can carry.  Maybe there will be some
reduction in speed, I don't know.

Actually, it is 5 HQ, 10 MQ, and infinite LQ for each catagory.

-GM Hendo

I think it says 10 on the page too.  If it says 20 anywhere, let me know and
I'll fix...

In the meantime, I'm cool with Hendo's judgement on ferries and jumpships.

Here in New Pacific, the Commonwealth is pleased to confirm that in good time
and consistent with the development of this new technology, Port Block Yards has
won the contract to deploy and maintain a network of JumpGate formation
inhibitors across the sector.

By recognising and interfering with the hyperspace fields that coalesce to form
a JumpGate, these inhibitors effectively prevent unauthorised jumping into or
from New Pacific, in much the same way as mobile phone jammers work to drown out
incoming or outgoing call handshaking.

Those wishing to jump into the sector (or from it) can apply to Traffic
Administration for authorisation.  Approval will essentially involve Traffic
Administration disabling the inhibitors in a given sub-sector, for a specific
window of time, allowing an authorised incoming or outgoing Jump equipped vessel
to create and use its own gate.

Port Block Yards is also working with the Interim Administration of the Republic
of Spraw to deploy a similar system there, although this simpler system will
probably be an all or nothing thing, not able to support disabling part of the
inhibitor network to allow authorised vessels to Jump.

If other sectors would like to take advantage of this (not inexpensive)system,
please feel free to contact Port Block Yards, Special Projects Group.

As to the dangers of Jump travel, I would suggest anyone uncertain of the
uncertainties look up Captain Kangaroo of the Errant Kangaroo, if and when he
ever makes it back to this epoch.

;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...