 Gaming / Starship / 248
Re: Rules Talk: what's final on JumpShips?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:58:55 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, John P. Henderson wrote:
In lugnet.gaming.starship, Andrew Engstrom wrote:
I was just browsing some old messages and came across the Rules Talk for
JumpShips.  Ferries and Carriers and stuff.  I was wondering if we ever came > up with anything final on that.

You would be refering to the thread that started
here:http://news.lugnet.com/gaming/starship/?n=89

Yeah, that's it

Going through the old thread was confusing--thanks for making everything clear
and concise.  Everyone give a big round of applause for GM Hendo!!!

I agree with everything in your post.  Except the last part about the ferries.
The penalty for ferries should stay in the Propulsion category, but I don't know
if many people are going to like how it works.  From what I can tell, the people
who are going to have Ferries are the ones that will want to have large(r)
fleets.  Making a good ferry would require them to sacrifice stats of other
ships.

The Medium limitation is 20, right?  That's what it said on Richard's ship
registration page... Well, we could require that one Medium Propulsion slot is
taken for every ONE ship the Ferry can carry.  Maybe there will be some
reduction in speed, I don't know.

Any other thoughts?  C'mon, we want your input!
Andrew