 Gaming / Starship / 242
Re: (IC) The Death of the USC (Speech)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:22:03 GMT

Interstellar News Network, Special Report from Vishnu Dun, Arbor 9

“Good morning. I stand at the stairs of what used to be the USC’s capitol building, now a smoking heap of metal and brick. About to occur is a speech from the leading civilian faction’s leader. It takes place in New Providence, Earth, Sol Sector. (OOC: I have permission from Curt, as he has let factions who once controlled Earth occupy portions of the planet.)”

A man wearing a dirtied USC uniform--clearly with badges ripped off and his ranking insignia torn--stands in the rubble of the New Providence Government Offices. In front of him stands a podium with bullet holes scattered across the mud-caked marble. The man clearly shows leadership and has no bodyguards behind him.

“Civilians, allies, and enemies of the now-defunct USC, I am Anthony Staten, leader of the New Republic. As you know, the USC was destroyed around 36 hours ago by major corporations and disloyal soldiers. Many innocents were slaughtered because corporations didn’t like the tax rates. My soldiers are now quelling all rebellions with the use of extremly lethal force. Also, all WMD are now hidden in a safe location for preparations to be destroyed.

“The New Republic will protect the citizens of the USC and will retain all that is ours. All USC ships are now marked as civilian ships. All USC personnel in foreign places are now given honorable discharge.

“Concerning Valyance, it is now a matter of the civilian ship stationed there to decide what to do. If they wish to continue the war, they may do so, but we will not be blamed for it. The New Republic also declares to end war on all factions. Thank you for your time.”

The man steps down from the broken stones he was standing on and strides to a waiting Landhog.

END INN REPORT