 Gaming / Starship / 198
Re: Starship During Upcoming Weeks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 04:08:12 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, John P. Henderson wrote:
Celestial Salutations!

I just want to announce to all Starship participants that I have a two week
vacation from work (partly for BrickFest -woo-hoo!) that begins on the evening
of Friday August 1st.  I will likely not be near a computer for most of my time
off.  My plan is to get galactic emails out later this week and then again
around the 30th or 31st of July.  But there is a fairly good chance that I will
not be readily available as a player, an SM, or a GM between August 1st and
August 18th.

It's really up to all of us how we wish to handle my absence.  Currently, there
are very few ships who are not on hold at home or visiting an active sector.  So
perhaps no galactic emails for two weeks would be okay.  My ships in other
sectors could be presumed to be holding defensively, and the same for player
ships in my sectors.  The other option would be to just have everyone call a
hold for the whole game until I return, but that seems entirely unnecessary
unless several other participants are also planning on being away from their
computers those weeks.

Any thoughts?

-GM Hendo

I dont really see a need to put the game on hold, I have 2 ships that are
leaving Arbor Sector and if theres a way you can manage to get them home then
your absense would work great IC for me, they left Arbor just today.  As for
being away from the comp, freshman football here starts August 11th I beleive,
so that means Ill be around even less than I am now, and when I do get on I'll
have a lot more things to check.  I think I can manage some action emails
though, especially since only 1 ship is in an active sector....

JHK what the heck happened to da Outer Rim man?

Hasta la Vista, Sean