 Gaming / Starship / 197
Re: Starship During Upcoming Weeks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 00:35:36 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, John P. Henderson wrote:
   Celestial Salutations!

I just want to announce to all Starship participants that I have a two week vacation from work (partly for BrickFest -woo-hoo!) that begins on the evening of Friday August 1st. I will likely not be near a computer for most of my time off. My plan is to get galactic emails out later this week and then again around the 30th or 31st of July. But there is a fairly good chance that I will not be readily available as a player, an SM, or a GM between August 1st and August 18th.

Enjoy! The GM needs a break too, ya know.

   It’s really up to all of us how we wish to handle my absence. Currently, there are very few ships who are not on hold at home or visiting an active sector. So perhaps no galactic emails for two weeks would be okay. My ships in other sectors could be presumed to be holding defensively, and the same for player ships in my sectors. The other option would be to just have everyone call a hold for the whole game until I return, but that seems entirely unnecessary unless several other participants are also planning on being away from their computers those weeks.

Any thoughts?

-GM Hendo

Arbor action emails will continue. However, that’s no problem to your Formian ships in my sector, as they’ve left. But Arbor will continue on.

As for the Hell’s Fury, it’ll be staying in its last spot, I suppose. Just better not be attacked, or the whole sector will be destroyed! Muhahahahaha!

-Dan