 Gaming / BrikWars / 93
Re: Bubble Gum Crisis: A Great Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:32:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Wayne McCaul wrote:
I completely concur;

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau wrote:
Just a quick post to let people know that today's BrikWars game, Bubble Gum
Crisis, was a blast!  I'm pretty sure it contained the most mayhem we've
ever had in 5 turns...yes, 5 whole turns!  Write-up and pics will be
forthcoming from a number of people.

Not to throw in a "me too!" post, but  I have to agree here.  This was a great
game!  My pictures at:

Some points:

(1)  Small budgets, small budgets, small budgets!  With only 150 CP allowed per
person, most participants only had 1 to 3 troopers.  We played with partial
civilian control (described here: http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/nelug/?n=2978),
which was responsible for about half of each turn.  I'm a convert to small
budgets.  Sure, you don't get to use everything cool that you can come up with,
but oh! the rewards!

(2)  Wayne may present himself as "evil", but it is mostly an act.  For some
reason, he kept having his troops roll on their back and expose their furry
tummies.  So very weird.

(3)  Urban environments rock for higher tech-levels.  There weren't any long
lines-of-sight, and troops could hop from cover to cover while approaching
opponents.

(4)  The full writeup will be forthcoming, but here was the general scenario.
Villains wanted to destroy the city.  Every place they look provided a certain
chance that said objct would be found.  Once found, they had to activate it.
Once activated, they had to keep it in place for two turns.  Once kept in place,
they had two turns to get out of dodge before th orbital satellite levelled the
city.  The vigilantes wanted, of course, to prevent said destruction.  The
police wanted to make everything incredibly difficult.

It was a fantastic battle, and very anime-esque.  Thanks to everyone who played,
helped out, and contributed to the mayhem!

-s