 Gaming / BrikWars / 301
Re: Better late than never, BrikWars 2005 is out of the gate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 06:40:02 GMT

   Cool! It’s about time. I’m really pleased with what you’ve done to Structures, Squads, and I heart the Unit Cards. Be sure to make those available for printing out at 100%.

Print files for the stat cards will get their own section on the Downloads page on brikwars.com. Eventually. My expectation is that there’ll be piles and piles of them, since they’re quick to make and anyone can do it.

   But NO tech levels? All weapons reduced to categories? Now those castle guys with hundreds of archers have a decent chance of killing off my space marines, without needing Greek Fire to do it! Ack!

I’m working on coming up with some kind of appendix that explains how you can import your favorite rules from 2001 into the game, because there’s an awful lot of good stuff that got chopped out to smooth out the gameplay. TekLevels, Stun Damage, and Fire, being examples that spring immediately to mind. My hope is that 2001 can be used as the “Advanced Rules” supplement to 2005, with a couple minor changes for consistency’s sake. Starting with new 2005 stats for the Ninja and the Scout, rebalanced the way you can already see in the Hero.

   Love the artwork, glad to see Brikwars ain’t dead, and one of these days you and I are going to have it out over a baseplate of armed minifigs, dragons, tanks, and castles.

And mechs. All too often I forget the mechs.